Report Writing Skills
REPORT WRITING SKILLS
This Unit standard is intended for all persons working in administration in commercial and non-commercial organisations and who is responsible for presenting information in report format.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Relating the purpose, content, form, frequency and recipients of a range of reports to the information needs of a selected business
- Identifying information sources and organisational procedures for obtaining and distributing information relevant to a selected business function
- Compiling reports related to a selected business function, ensuring content and format are appropriate to information requirements and that reporting deadlines are met
- Liaising with relevant parties and verifying that reported information is in accordance with requirements and purpose of the report
A learner accredited with this standard will also be able to plan and allocate the resources required to maximise efficiencies in an office environment whilst minimising resource costs in achieving stated objectives.
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
Learners should be competent in:
- Communication at NQF Level 3
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3
4. UNIT STANDARDS REFERENCE
110023 Present information in report format NQF 4 6 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.