Understand the role of an individual in a team and the importance of teamwork. Be able to participate in meetings and interact with team members.
Learners accessing this standard will be working as a leader in the context of a small project / sub-project involving few resources and having a limited impact on stakeholders and the environment or working as a contributing team member on a medium to large project when not a leader. These projects may be technical projects, business projects or developmental projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This standard will also add value to learners who are running their own business and recognise that project management forms an integral component of any business.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrating an understanding of the criteria for working as a member of a team.
- Collaborating with other team members to improve performance.
- Participating in building relations between team members and other stakeholders.
- Respecting personal, ethical, religious and cultural differences to enhance interaction between team members.
- Using a variety of strategies to deal with potential or actual conflict between team members.
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
- Learners accessing this qualification will have demonstrated competence in mathematics and communication skills at NQF level 4 or equivalent.
- Learners accessing this qualification will have demonstrated competence in computer literacy and applicable software at NQF level 4 or equivalent.
- ID 120372 – Explain fundamentals of project management.
4. UNIT STANDARDS REFERENCE
9322 Work in a team NQF 2 3 credits
120379 Work as a project team member NQF 4 8 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.