Qualifying learners are able to:
• Explain the difference between on-job-training and classroom training.
• Describe the principles of adult learning
• Explain the importance of the accurate recording and measurement of on-job-training
• Explain the importance of training new employees and experienced employees
• Explain the advantages of a task list as the basis of logical training sessions
• Explain the importance of planning a training session
• Compile task lists of daily, weekly or monthly tasks that link with the on-job-training plan
• Conduct structured training sessions
• Break down the tasks to be trained into detailed steps.
• Conduct training through appropriate methods
• Check that the learner can perform the task to the required standard.
• Maintain a training plan that ensures continuity of development.
• Identify possible problems that are process or system related.
• Develop a plan for individual on-job-training, taking the needs of the team into account
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
It is assumed that a learner will be competent in:
• Communication at NQF Level 2
• Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2.
4. UNIT STANDARD REFERENCE
7876 Conduct on-the-Job-Training NQF 5 8 Credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.