HIV and the Workplace
HIV AND THE WORKPLACE
This unit standard provides a broad introduction to HIV/AIDS in the workplace. It introduces a broad case of knowledge about HIV/AIDS that will enable learners to be informed and caring workers in an industry. The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner`s own context and experience of the world of work.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Understanding the effects of HIV/AIDS on the immune system
- Knowing how HIV/AIDS is transmitted
- Knowing what behaviour is safe and what behaviour caries the risk of HIV/AIDS transmission
- Knowing what guidelines and assistance are available to support workers with HIV/AIDS and recognise own role in creating a caring work environment
- Understanding the implications of the HIV/AIDS pandemic for society, the economy, a business sub-sector, an organisation and a specific workplace
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
There is open access to this unit standard. Learners should:
- Be competent in communication and mathematical literacy NQF level 2
4. UNIT STANDARDS REFERENCE
13915 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS in a workplace, and its effects on a business sub-sector, own organisation and a specific workplace NQF 3 4 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.