General SHEQ Awareness
GENERAL SHEQ AWARENESS
The purpose of this Unit Standard is to enable learners to apply basic health and safety legislation in the form of standards and procedures governing health and safety in the workplace, to ensure that they contribute to a safe, healthy environment for themselves and others.
• Identify potential hazards in the work area.
• Limit damage to persons or property in the case of an emergency
• Follow procedures that apply to illness or injury in the work area
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
It is assumed that a learner will be competent in:
• GETC NQF Level 1 literacy and numeracy competencies.
4. UNIT STANDARD REFERENCE
9964 Apply health and safety to a work area NQF 2 3 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.