Qualifying learners are able to:
• Interact critically and purposefully as a listener and/or speaker in oral communication
• Analyse and critically evaluate oral interactions and presentations
• Use strategies for listening and speaking in sustained oral interactions
• Analyse and evaluate responses to spoken texts critically and adjust own as required.
• Use writing skills for specific purposes, audiences and contexts.
• Access, process, re-organise, and synthesise information in order to present it.
• Use appropriate language conventions, textual features and style for specific workplace purposes.
• Draft and edit texts.
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
It is assumed that a learner will be competent in:
• Accommodate audience and context needs in oral communication at NQF Level 4.
• Write texts for a range of communicative contexts at NQF Level 4
4. UNIT STANDARDS REFERENCE
115789 Sustain oral interaction across a wide range of contexts and critically evaluate spoken texts NQF 5 5 credits
115790 Write and present for a wide range of purposes, audiences and contexts NQF 5 5 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.