The competent learner will demonstrate an understanding of the South African economic system, reading with insight and analysing economic data in a meaningful way and will demonstrate a sound fundamental knowledge and understanding of economic principles of local, national and international economic problems in order to make decisions, as managers, future producers, consumers and citizens, on a economic-oriented foundation.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the economic problem
- Demonstrate an understanding of the production possibility frontier
- Demonstrate an understanding of various economic systems
- Differentiate between micro- and macro-economics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of micro-economics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts of macro-economics
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts of international trade and finance
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts of monetary theory and policy
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts of public finance
- Demonstrate an understanding of concepts of labour economics
- Discuss the economic growth and development of the South African economy
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
Depending on the curriculum selected, students should be aware that adequate language and numeracy skills are necessary for coping with the demands of the curriculum.
Apart from the formal requirements, learners who register for entry into this qualification at level 5 should
- Have the information-gathering, analysis and presentation skills required at exit level 4 on the NQF
- Be able to comprehend what they have learned and to communicate it reliably, accurately, and comprehensively in the required medium of instruction
- Be able to begin to take responsibility for their own learning and its progress within a well-structured and managed learning environment
- Be able to evaluate their own performance
4. UNIT STANDARDS REFERENCE
This is a non unit standard based skills programme
Please refer to office for formal quotation.