What are the advantages and disadvantages of distance learning?
The main advantage of distance learning is that it presents students with a flexible alternative to traditional classroom-based education.
Here are some of the other advantages:
– It gives students greater access to education. Students, who are unable to attend classes due to disabilities, or due to family responsibilities, may be able to further their studies via distance learning.
– It is more affordable. Students can save money by not having to travel to classes.
– It gives students the option to work and study at the same time.
– Distance learning students are free to study according to their own schedules, they can easily fit in their studies around their work commitments.
– It allows students to study at their own pace. Students won’t be under pressure to keep up with the rest of the class, and they won’t be held back by slower students.
– Students can also choose how much time to spend on each section of the course material.
– It allows students to choose from a wider variety of courses. Students aren’t limited to studying courses that are offered by academic institutions in their geographical areas.
– It helps students to develop valuable skills.
– Students will be able to improve their self-discipline, sense of responsibility, time management, and independent thinking skills by studying largely on their own via distance learning.
– It presents students with fewer distractions. While the social aspect of campus life often distracts students from their studies, distance learning makes it easier for students to remain focused.
How do I know whether distance learning is the right choice for me?
Distance learning is a great option for those who want to further their studies, but are unable to attend classes on a regular basis. However, distance learning is not the right choice for everyone
– it is best suited to those who are self-disciplined and self-motivated.
– A dedicated mentor is allocated to the student
– Academic support is provided via telephone, e-mail, post, and instant messaging
– Study groups are formed on Whatsapp where students may interact with each other
How does ASORIP Distance Learning work?
– You need to complete the enrolment form
– Send us proof of payment
– Send us your CV and ID
– Once we receive the above we will issue you with a Distant Learner Agreement per course that will indicate to you the methodology and time frames
– Materials are made available to the learner through Dropbox as per the Distant Learner Agreement
– Learner submits evidence via post office
– Learner has 30 days to complete all evidence required
– First submission
For more information please feel free to contact our offices via the Contact Us page of our web site.