Design Learning Programmes
DESIGN LEARNING PROGRAMMES
Qualifying learners are able to:
• Explain the outcomes-based approach to education and training;
• Describe the National Qualifications Framework;
• Describe and explain standards;
• Describe and explain national qualifications; and
• Develop a broad plan for implementing the NQF within an organisation.
• Planning and prepare for development.
• Developing learning materials.
• Developing learning facilitation guidelines.
• Piloting and evaluate the development.
• Preparing for information gathering.
• Gathering information on learners.
• Carrying out a basic skills audit.
• Compiling a report on the target audience and skills gaps.
• Drafting learning outcomes for the programme.
• Conducting analysis for learning design.
• Designing the learning programme.
• Drafting a brief for the development of the learning programme.
• Evaluating learning design.
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
It is assumed that a learner will be competent in:
• The credits have been calculated on the assumption that the average learner will be at level 5 or above in their own field of expertise.
• Have a working knowledge of outcome-based education and training and are able to communicate in writing at NQF level 4.
• General analysis and design techniques, and have a working knowledge of outcome-based education and training. It is also assumed that learners are able to develop learning materials based on a given design.
4. UNIT STANDARDS REFERENCE
114924 Demonstrate understanding of the outcomes-based education and training approach within the context of a National Qualifications Framework NQF 5 5 credits
123394 Develop outcomes-based learning programmes NQF 5 10 credits
123396 Define target audience profiles and skills gaps NQF 4 6 credits
123401 Design outcomes-based learning programmes NQF 6 15 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.