People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Use mathematics to plan and control personal and/or household budgets and income and expenditure
- Use simple and compound interest to make sense of and define a variety of situations including investments, stokvels, inflation, appreciation and depreciation
- Investigate various aspects of financial transactions including costs, prices, revenue, cost price, selling price, loss and profit.
- To create a better understanding of the bigger economic environment and basic business principles, be able to distinguish between needs and want, in business, be able to identify the different taxes that need to be paid by a business be able to draw up a basic business budget.
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
- The credit value is based on the assumption that people starting to learn towards this unit standard are competent in Mathematics and Communications at NQF level 2.
4. UNIT STANDARDS REFERENCE
7456 Use mathematics to investigate and monitor the financial aspects of personal, business and national issues NQF 3 5 credits
9526 Manage basic business finance NQF 3 6 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.