This Unit Standard will be useful to learners who are working within the Public Sector, Local Government, and commercial or community environment. It will enable learners to gain insight into the role of leadership within a work context, and thus providing them with the skills and knowledge to add value to one’s job. This Unit Standard will also provide value to public officials who are involved in integrated development planning or public sector management and administration specialists.
Qualifying learners are able to:
• Explaining the concept of leadership.
• Differentiating between leadership and management.
• Analysing and comparing leadership theories.
• Applying the different roles and qualities of leadership in a work context.
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
It is assumed that a learner will be competent in:
• Communication at NQF Level 4.
4. UNIT STANDARD REFERENCE
120300 Analyse leadership and related theories in a work context NQF 5 8 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.