Represent, Analyse and Calculate Shape and Motion
REPRESENT, ANALYSE AND CALCULATE SHAPE AND MOTION
This unit standard is designed to provide credits towards the mathematical literacy requirements of the NQF at level 4. The essential purposes of the mathematical literacy requirements are that, as the learner progresses with confidence through the levels, the learner will grow in:
- An insightful use of mathematics in the management of the needs of everyday living to become a self-managing person.
- An understanding of mathematical applications that provides insight into the learner`s present and future occupational experiences and so develop into a contributing worker.
- The ability to voice a critical sensitivity to the role of mathematics in a democratic society and so become a participating citizen.
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Measure, estimate, and calculate physical quantities in practical situations relevant to the adult with increasing responsibilities in life or the workplace
- Explore analyse and critique, describe and represent, interpret and justify geometrical relationships and conjectures to solve problems in two and three dimensional geometrical situations
2. PROGRAMME ENTRY REQUIREMENTS / LEARNING ASSUMED TO BE IN PLACE
The credit value is based on the assumption that people starting to learn towards this unit standard are competent in Mathematics and Communications at NQF level 1.
4. UNIT STANDARDS REFERENCE
9016 Represent analyse and calculate shape and motion in 2-and 3-dimensional space in different contexts NQF 4 4 credits
Please refer to office for formal quotation.